Milliande Visionary Art Bus Creativity Help Guides Online
" The Muse is often that person with whom the artist has the animated imaginary conversations....
Francing Prose - The Lives of the Muses
Meaning of Muse
The term refers to a source of inspiration, accessible by artists and generally restricted to artists (artists in a broad sense). The muse is not in itself a delusion, or hallucination, but rather a myth to which writers, musicians, painters and more are able to credit the conception of their art to - those times when the artist has not been actively designing a piece, but spontaneously has an idea for one.
according to Wikipedia
"Muses are a sisterhood of goddesses or spirits, their number set at nine by Classical times, who embody the arts and inspire the creation process with their graces through remembered and improvised song and stage, writing, traditional music, and dance"
Though the Muses, when taken together, form a complete picture of the subjects proper to poetic art, the association of specific muses with specific art forms is a later innovation.
Muse means: the one who remembers. They greek muses are the daughters of the titan Mnemosyne who is the personification of remembrance.
All nine muses of greek mythology have a science or an art to protect. Cleo protects the stories of heroes, Urania astronomy, Calliope elegies, Melpomene the tragedies, Euterpe flute playing, Erato love poems, Tepsicore choir lyrics, Thalia the comedies and Polyhymnia dance and music.
The 9 Muses of Greek Mythology
* Calliope (the 'beautiful of speech'): chief of the muses and muse of epic or heroic poetry
* Clio (the 'glorious one'): muse of history
* Erato (the 'amorous one'): muse of love or erotic poetry, lyrics, and marriage songs
* Euterpe (the 'well-pleasing'): muse of music and lyric poetry
* Melpomene (the 'chanting one'): muse of tragedy
* Polyhymnia or Polymnia (the '[singer] of many hymns'): muse of sacred song, oratory, lyric, singing and rhetoric
* Terpsichore (the '[one who] delights in dance'): muse of choral song and dance
* Thalia (the 'blossoming one'): muse of comedy and bucolic poetry
* Urania (the 'celestial one'): muse of astronomy
Try adding the various muses to your art journal pages and let them inspire you and take you on a journey of discovery ....
Greek Muses Coloring Book
Greek Muse Coloring Book Single Pages
, HOP OFF for Greek Muses Coloring Pages at Milliande, Free Adult Coloring Pages Featuring the 9 Muses of Greek Mythology, Muses for Art, Poetry, Music and Dance
Here you can download the greek muses in various sizes in a 25 page ebook
Download your Complimentary Copy in .pdf format
Greek Muses Coloring Book Pdf
How to Meet My Muse