No 43 - Mixed Media Artists Wishlist by Corliss
(Las Vegas, NV, USA)
Gifts for Artists - Bellagio Conservatory
Mixed Media Artists Wishlists
Gifts for Artists ...here is Corliss's List
I have taken way too much time and now just sliding in under the door.
When I think of things my family and friends might want or need, I have no problem. But with me it is the age-old question: "What DO I really want/need?" I am very much into recycling stuff into my art-I use old clothes for fabric, save tins and glass for projects, newsprint, phone books and magazines-even foam trays and plastics from the grocery store-odds and ends of every description for embellishing. Mostly self-taught, books are the one thing I may have spent a fortune on, and yet there is always another I relish.
Upon much deliberation here is my list...
1. Have been pouring over websites and blogs the past 3 months (that is how I found you, Millande) so that I might learn how to build my own place on the web. My dream is to be up and running the first day of 2010! There are so many wonderful sites out there and so much to learn I feel like a fish out of water! I think these books might help (or any that you might recommend)!
2. An assortment of old clothes, rags or fabrics from your country. Esp. interested in wool for felting.
3. Extra felting needles for tool I own.
4. Any abandoned projects from journal pages, ATC's or collage that you would want to part with.
5. Water soluble crayons.
6. Pan Pastels
7. Tape cartridge for my P-Touch
label-er-I use a lot! #TZm41
8. Ink cartridge for my hungry HP printer that I use for ink jet transfers. It uses the Vivera ink set - #02 Black and 5 colors. Any one would definitely get used!
9. Would like to try TAP transfer paper from http://www.lesleyriley.com/
10.I do a lot with black India Ink and have always wanted to explore the colors. Dr. Ph Martin's Bombay India Ink Colors Sets would give me a lot to experiment with!
So that's it! As for an art destination? I have been fortunate to visit the Louvre in Paris even if only for a day-but what a wonderful day! I have spent many hours in the Detroit and Chicago Art Institutes, many art galleries and art fairs all over the USA. But you know what I would really like to see, and somehow have missed? Studio tours of working artists! I just missed one two years ago that was in Monterrey CA. There are First Fridays events that I go to here in Vegas, but that is a gallery-hoping event (still fun of course) however I know of no studio tours here. I will have to research! Or maybe start one - who knows? Do they have such a thing there? Or maybe I could come meet you and spend the day at your studio? Hummmmm......
I am showing a picture of the Bellagio Conservatory where a person can find a lot of inspiration here in Las Vegas, NV.
Thank you for submitting your Mixed Media Artists Wishlists .. .